We are a congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA). Rooted in Lutheran heritage we worship with traditional liturgy, build community of many generations, and serve our neighbors in the Cheney area and the world. For more details about our beliefs, social statements, and practices please follow this link, join a worship service, or contact our pastor.
Our first worship service was held on Pentecost Sunday, June 5, 1949, in the American Legion Hall. The cornerstone for our current building was laid on Palm Sunday, 1951. The first service was held there on Easter Sunday of that year. Through many pastors and leadership transitions, growth in our community, and developments in our denomination, we continue to worship, serve, learn and grow.
We serve our community through a free Community Food Pantry on the front of our building, relationships with Cheney Outreach, Lutheran Community Services Northwest, Feed Cheney, Lutheran World Relief quilting and Lutheran Campus Ministry at EWU.